Monday 30 September 2013

Meal Planning Monday 30 September

This week's plan is very much subject to change- the meals will stay the same but the days may be shuffled around a bit. One day I plan to make chicken laksa, which needs beansprouts. I always  like to use beansprouts on the day I buy then - but I've not decided yet which day I'm going shopping. At the moment I'm revelling in the fact that it's the first end-of-month in almost 9 years that I've not had deadlines to meet and magazines to print and mail, so I'm enjoying having no routine at all and that extends to my shopping! Another day I'm making pizza but we have some of Mark's purple tomatoes earmarked for the topping and they are still a few days from being perfectly ripe, so the pizza may have to be held over until the weekend.

But here's the provisional menu:

Monday - thatched-cottage pie with runner beans

Tuesday - cauliflower and leek cheese with jacket potatoes and baked tomatoes

Wednesday - chicken laksa

Thursday - home made pizza with purple tomato topping

Friday - roast lamb with parsnips, cabbage and runner beans

Saturday - steak and chips

Sunday - Mark might be cooking, but if it's me, we'll have black bean chilli with brown and red rice. And of course runner beans!

Find more meal plans over at At Home With Mrs M

3 comments:

mamaowl said...

Sounds like a great week, I'm the same - I plan things for certain days but it can get jigged around depending on how the day has gone! x

Kim Carberry said...

Glad you're enjoying taking things a bit easier!!
Ohh Roast Lamb....Not had that in ages....I tend not to cook it as there is only me in the house which likes it!
Everything sounds delicious x

Lea said...

Tuesday's meal really appeals to me.
Happy Eating!
Lea