Friday 10 January 2014

Thinking Big!

Thanks to Santa Claus having brought me a Grand Calibur, I can now use dies and embossing folders that would have been too big to fir through my Cuttlebug. But so far the only bigger embossing folder I have is the Spellbinders Persian Splendour M-bossabilities one.

I was delighted to be able to play with it and see what delicate detail it produces. I've just been thinking back to when the only dry embossing I ever did was with a light box and brass stencil..... it would have taken many, many hours to produce something like it!

The only trouble is that such an elaborate design looks best with very little added to it, so there's not much scope for playing!!! All I needed to do was heat-emboss a greeting onto the central area and later it up onto a white card, with silver matting and a white bow to pull it all together. Anything else would have been Too Much.


This week's Make My Monday challenge is embossing so I'm playing along.

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

A really lovely card, stunning embossing - thanks for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx