Sunday 18 January 2015

Happy Birthday Karen

Today I'd like to share with you a birthday card I made for my friend Karen, whose birthday is today. Karen shares my love of entering competitions and in the days when I was producing Grape Vine, was one of the "elves" who helped me to find entry forms, so I personalised the card by making a topper using the free software at Tagxedo where you can create word clouds in your choice of shape and colour scheme.  The shape on the topper is supposed to be a lucky four leafed clover, although the colour scheme I have chosen doesn't really show that up too well.

Compers always need stamps and postcards, so I made the inside of the card with two pockets, then made some postcards, very simple ones so that they won't get caught in the Post Office sorting machinery, and tucked them into the pockets. Before sending the card, I added stamps to the postcards, but took the photos before adding them.

Happy Birthday Karen - I hope you like your card!





1 comment:

Liz said...

What a great idea! Fabulous card! xx