Thursday 24 September 2015

Very Victorian

My goodness, I've certainly piled it on on this card! Not one of my more CAS efforts......


The backing paper is from the old Artylicious "Filigree Fusions" CD and the image from a CD called "Victorian Ladies" that doesn't appear to have a brand name. I used a Marianne Creatables border die and a Spellbinders oval. Everything was edged with a very light touch of Tea Dye DI. I wanted to thread ribbon through the slots in the border, but had nothing in a suitable colour, so I dyed some white organza ribbon by dragging it over the surface of a Broken China DI pad.

The pearl embellishments are from The Handcrafted Card company and the tiny butterflies were a gift from a friend.

Before I move on to sharing this card, I'd like to share something else - the news that I've been chosen for the "Designer for a day" slot in the October 2015 issue of Quick Cards Made Easy: the card I made for it has already been shared on my blog.


Right, back to the blogs I'm playing along with today:

CD Sundays - Pearls and Lace
Oooh La La creations - Ribbons and Bows
Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge - Vintage/Shabby Chic
Glitter and Sparkle - Use a Punch or a Die Cut
A Bit More Time To Craft - Anything Goes    

10 comments:

Linby said...

Beautiful card Jane lovely detailing. Congrats on being designer for a day too with another wonderful card, love that paper you used.
Lynn x

Wynn said...

Fab card Jane. I love the graduated pearls....... Inspiring. Congrats on your designer spot....great job!! Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

Babs said...

Beautiful design love all the trimmings too...
Babs...x

Jocelyn said...

What a lovely card and in this case definitely more is more! Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Anonymous said...

Fabulous , Thank you for entering the Glitter N Sparkle Blog challenge x DT Lisa x

meg said...

love the vintage feel of your card the image is beautiful and your embellishments and layout have enhanced it beautifully.

Crafting Suzie's Creations said...

Lovely card thank you for joining us at Ooh la la Creations hugs Sue DT xx

sue-b said...

Beautiful layout , and no not too much for a vintage theme card, it's lovely, a good idea using DI, i just use my markers.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday and well done on being chosen as designer for the day, well deserved .
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

Congrats on being chosen as a Designer for the Day. Well deserved. Love your card - especially your bow. I am a sucker for bows.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Jane, a gorgeous image and pretty blues - a fabulous card.
Congratulations on being Designer for the Day.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Pauline
Guest Designer
x