Tuesday 21 February 2017

Under Water at Cardz 4 Guyz

It's my turn to choose the theme at Cardz 4 Guyz this week and I've chosen Under Water. Think fish, divers, submarines, sunken treasure...... there are all kinds of ideas suitable for masculine cards.

For my own card, I have used the beautiful Katzelkraft seahorse stamp.

 
The background for the stamped panel is watercoloured in blue, green and yellow, then stamped the Katzelkraft waterwall stamp but with the bubbles going upwards instead of down, in grey over the background and used some bare tree branch stamps (these are very old unmounted stamps from my stash - I think they are discontinued Linda Luckin stamps) along the bottom to look like seaweed. Finally I stamped the seahorse over the top and highlighted him with a thin coat of Stickles, although it doesn't show in the photo.
The backing paper is from an old K & Company pad.

5 comments:

Barb said...

A great choice of themes Jane and your card is fabulous. A great topper and I really like the background paper too. Barbxx

Joan said...

Fabulous card Jane, love the seahorse and the watery background. I got the waterfall stamp among my Christmas gifts but i can't find it anywhere, may have to buy it again for myself !

Margarets designer cards said...

Fabulous card, and lovely image, I like the way you showed the water,
Great card for a male into fishing

Sian said...

Great card. I love that stamp. Sian.

Sue - said...

As you can see I'm a bit behind with some of my commenting! I love your seahorse and the background you've made for him. What a gorgeous stamp.