Saturday 21 April 2018

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers : X is for Xyloid

It's X is for Xyloid at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers today.



And what the heck, you may well ask (I certainly did, even though I'm a former Scrabble player and it would have scored me lots of points) is xyloid? It's just Edna's word for WOOD.


To make my card, I took a  woodgrain background sheet from The Best of La Pashe 2012 into Craft Artist  and added sentiments to two of the planks, then printed it out and cut off  the planks with the sentiments and a couple more, and used the rest as a mat for card lightly stencilled with a woodgrain effect.

I cut up the separate planks with deckle edged scissors to give a roughly chopped look and stuck them randomly over the background with the sentiments as the focal points, then gave the planks some "personality" with tiny googly eyes and hand drawn mouths.

Finally I added screw headed brads to the corners.

Now let's have a look at YOUR Xyloid creations when you hop over to see what the other sistahs have made and then link up your own work - you never know, you may be cworned Queen or Princess of Snark.

6 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

what an ingenious idea for Xyloid, I should have known too I played Scrabble with a friend every week for years. Super card and super punny sentiment.

Dotty Jo said...

Always love a punny card! Great fun and very witty, Jo x

Margarets designer cards said...

I'm glad you told us what it meant, I like your card full of fun and wood

Donna said...

This is ALL kinds of xyloid awesomeness right there!
Love love love it!
Fab job sistah!!

Lindsey said...

This is brilliant!

Majo said...

Never cease to crack me up ;) Love your work, Sistah ♥