Friday 16 June 2017

Resist embossing

I don't know why I don't do resist embossing more often, I do love the result it gives!


The stamp I used is a very, very old unmounted red rubber stamp from a set created by Trish Bayley about 20 years ago. Does anyone remember Trish? Back before the days of the internet, she used to run a postal crafting club. I wonder if she is still around, perhaps now blogging or designing for one of the craft businesses? Anyway, the reason I chose it is because this month's challenge at Stamping Sensations is to use your favourite stamp. Now I've been stamping for many years and have a huge collection of much loved stamps that I turn to again and again, so it is very hard to say which is my favourite, but this is one of the most-used stamps in my collection so it's definitely up there in the top few! I love the almost photographic amount of detail it includes.

I stamped and embossed it with Versamark and clear ep, then sponged over with distress inks.

The background is embossed with a Crafters Companion folder.

I am sharing this with
Stamping Sensations - Your Favourite Stamp
The Flower Challenge - Anything Goes

AAA Cards - Resist Technique

9 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Love this card, the colour is striking.

Jane said...

Super mustardy yellow that really makes the resist technique image stand out. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Viv said...

Such a pretty card Jane, love the bright colour and clever embossing! Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

Cara said...

This is just beautiful, the resist technique shows off that gorgeous stamp perfectly x

Cardsbymaaike said...

20 years old and still going strong, fab stamp, thank you for playing at AAA cards

Coralynn Murray said...

Love how your used two different embossing techniques on your card. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Barb said...

It's a lovely technique that I also forget about. I really like both the stamp and the embossing folder Jane. The colour is gorgeous. Barbxx

Liz said...

Really striking card, Jane. I haven't done this resist technique for a long time, thanks for the inspiration. xx

Tracie Pond said...

This reminds me of Summer. Love the pop the resist produces. Thank you for playing with us at AAA Cards.