Thursday 29 June 2017

The card I HAD meant to make....

This is the card that I HAD planned to make for Darnell, before I decided to make the Glasgow Rose one that I posted about earlier this week. I know she loves humming birds, but I don't think anything I make could compete with the real ones she has in her own garden.

However I'd already lifted out the stamps so I thought I'd go ahead and make it anyway.



I stamped the design, using Paradise and Paradise Hummingbird sets from Uniko Stamps, onto slightly glossy card using Kaleidacolour inks. And here's an important tip - make sure you use glossy card sold for crafting and don't try to use up the remains of a pack of glossy photo card, or your stamps will stick to the card and the glossy surface of it will peel off and remain stuck to the stamps and it will take you ages to clean it off. Don't ask me how I know...

I am sharing this with
Make My Monday - Summer Brights
CAS ology - Fly

11 comments:

Barb said...

What a beautiful card Jane with a lovely tropical feel. It sounds as if you may have trouble along the way with photo paper! Barbxx

Mac Mable said...

Popped in to say what a striking and beautiful card. Love the colours and thank you for the tip about the paper..One to remember x

Gwendolyn said...

This is so beautiful Jane, really love the colours you chose. And thanks for the tip about using photo paper, very useful to know!

Dortesjs said...

very sweet card and the one below is adorable

Darnell said...

Darnell is delighted with this sweet tropical hummer card floating on her monitor, Jane!! It's gorgeous and pretty darn close to the real deal!! (And, wow, this would have been a winner at last week's Time Out Challenge!) I was a bit busy last week, haha, so now I'm fighting with the temptation to go look at the Glasgow Rose ... But I think I'll wait and see it in person; can't wait!! Mwah! Hugs, Darnell

Liz said...

What a gorgeous card, Jane, love the bright colours which are perfect for the image. Thanks for the tip about stamping on glossy card.....and I think I know how you know! ;-) xx

Cara said...

Oh my this is gorgeous! Love the multicoloured images. I did have a tiny giggle at your top tip!

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, great colours.

Daria Z. said...

Love the bright, happy colors. Wonderful card!

Judy1223 said...

Oh, how pretty! I love the Hawaiian colors and the pretty stamps...perfect together! Thanks for the glossy card stock tip, too...won't ask how you found that one out! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Nandini said...

Very beautiful and colorful. Great to see you in the Make My Monday gallery. Hope you join us again soon. Nandini, DT