Tuesday 20 June 2017

Stars at Cardz 4 Guyz

Today out new theme at Cardz 4 Guyz is Stars.

I've had a lot of fun creating my starry card!


I wanted to get the effect of a starry sky, so I smooshed distress ink onto acetate and rubbed my card in it, then when the card was dry, sprinkled with darker blue brushos and spritzed with water. Because I'm impatient, I  them heat dried it before applying the waste from a sheet of peel-off stars to use as a stencil and sponged grey ink through it. However maybe the heat made parts of the peel off stick more firmly than usual, because as I tried to peel it away some broke off and was stuck hard to the background. I went to get my pokey tool to pick it off with, but then thought actually it looked rather good, so I left it in place. 

I stamped the words "Rock star" (from a Studio G mini set) over the background and then made the embellishment by stamping the star circle, which I think was a Craft Stamper freebie, onto gold mirri with black Stazon and finished it with a blue gem. I had planned to put it in the centre of the blue panel, but the gold peel off waste meant that it looked better up in the corner to balance the gold at the bottom. Finally I stamped the musical stars border, I'm afraid this is a set I've had so long I can't remember the make.

I'm sharing this with
Glitter'n'Sparkle - Fathers day/masculine
Loves to Craft - Anything Goes
Mix it Up - Anything goes/Stamping  

5 comments:

Barb said...

What a great card Jane. I love the colour and the design and you certainly had a happy accident with your peel off waste. I think you may have come up with a new technique here! Barbxx

Cara said...

Fabulous card and I love how you left the waste in place, definitely a happy accident!

cotnob said...

A super card Jane, your background is fabulous - the waste looks brilliant.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mia said...

Wonderful card, Jane!

crafty-stamper said...

Great card and love all the stars ---Thank you for joining us at Love to Craft
Carol DT x