Thursday 22 June 2017

Vintage Haberdashery

When I saw this morning that the new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz is  Sew and Sew,  rather unusually for me I knew exactly what I wanted to make and had to set to work straight away.


I dug out cardstock, a topper and sentiment from an old Hunkydory kit and added a die cut dress form that was sent to me by a friend and lots of haberdashery style embellishments from my stash. A bit of distressing and a bit of inking was all I needed to add.

The butterflies on the topper, along with the buttons and bow, also mean it fits the Bingo part of the theme at The Butterfly Challenge, so I'm dropping in over there too.

7 comments:

Cara said...

Love this card, the vintage feel ties in perfectly with the old style sewing machine x

cotnob said...

A super card Jane, lots of super details and lovely vintage design.
Pauline -
Crafting with Cotnob
x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Mrs A. said...

What a super collage of sewing bits and bobs. Love the vintage look and that youv'e incorporated it into my bingo challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

NanaConnie said...

Jane, this is so gorgeous! I love the collage feel to it and all the texture you created. Fantastic!

Ina G said...

So many fabulous sew elements here Jane. Lovely layout and card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cardz $ Galz. Ina DT

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

Swoons! Your layers and textures had me at hello! What a gorgeous card. Love the colors too. Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz!
-Chris
DT