Tuesday 6 June 2017

Something Blue for Fathers Day at Cardz 4 Guyz

Here in the UK, Fathers Day is on June 18th  this year, so our new challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz is "Something Blue for Fathers Day".

I'm not a fan of making Fathers Day cards, since my own father passed away 17 years ago,  but I've made a very simple one to share with you.


The central panel is made with a set of Studio G sentiment stamps and a Kaleidacolor pad. I added two pockets - after all, what dad doesn't have to constantly dip into his pockets where his offspring are concerned? - made using some peel offs from a very old set I got from QVC many years ago. A bit of layering and some silver Candi because it is reminiscent of jeans rivets to go with the jeans pockets. Job done!

4 comments:

cotnob said...

A super card Jane, a fabulous masculine design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Cara said...

This is such a fun masculine card x

Liz said...

Great masculine card, Jane, and a few less peeloffs in your collection. 😉 I'm not a fan of making Father's Day cards either, for the same reason as you, but I might make one later this week as there are a few Father's Day challenges around. I can add it to my box of charity cards. xx

Sue - said...

Great masculine card Jane! I did consider giving the one I made to my son, who is a great dad, but then thought he might think it a bit odd!