Tuesday 27 June 2017

The Snowman

Every year I say I must get a new snowman stamp to replace my tired old 20 year old unmounted one, and every year I decide I can't bear to part with him, so here he is once again...


He looks so wistful, doesn't he? Maybe that's because he's worried about my threats to replace him. I had to take this card using flash as it was so gloomy, and the colours I've used on him don't look right at all - in real life the red, green and brown are MUCH better matches for the lovely Tonic Studios papers I have used!

I am sharing this with
Winter Wonderland - Snowmen 
Jingle Belles - Stars and/or Stripes
Holly and Ivy - Anything Goes

12 comments:

lauren bergold said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh what an awesome card! with both stars AND stripes--used PERFECTLY; i also love how the skinny mats and the enamel dots accent the panels, this really is a GREAT composition! (& i'm totally puzzled as to WHY you'd even consider retiring so handsome and hard-working a snowman?! that probably does essplain the wistful face tho, lol) so happy you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun! <3

Barb said...

He really is a lovely snowman. I'd keep using him too. Great colours and I love the papers. Barbxx

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Jane, I think he's fabulous! No wonder you can't bear to part with him. I'm always amazed at what can happen to colors which match so well IRL and look so wonky in a photo. Understand completely what you're saying. :-D

Cara said...

An adorable card, he definitely looks dejected at your threat to replace him. I glad he's had another reprieve!

Margarets designer cards said...

Love him, he's a gorgeous snowman, no wonder you don't want to part with him
Gorgeous Christmas card

cotnob said...

A super card Jane, I love your whimsical snowman, he's so cute.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sue - said...

He's a lovely snowman, you should definitely keep him, but you could get him a friend!

Unknown said...

I love your card, he's such a sweet snowman and the papers look great :)

Kath said...

A lovely card and great design. Thank you for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
Kath x

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful Christmas card Jane, love the pretty layout. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Winter Wonderland. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

SmilynStef said...

He is a classic that deserves to be revisited year after year ... and you combined stars & stripes so perfectly for his background ... always happy when we see you at Jingle Belles.

BrendaB said...

Such a cute card! I love that snowman