Thursday 15 June 2017

Springtime Snippets

I seem to have lots of pastel coloured printed papers among my snippets at the moment - odd as I'm not much of a "pretty pastels" type, but I suppose that's why the papers end up hanging around once I've cut into them. However I can always use a selection of them up in Pixie's Snippets Playground!

Anyway, it means I had a good selection to use for this card.


I took a 15cm square card and cut across it about a third of the way down, then punched both cut edges using an Anna Griffin border punch. Then I cut a 15cm wide panel of white card, deep enough to fill in the newly created gap and cover the open areas of punchwork, and covered it with 3cm wide strips from 5 different snippets. I stamped the sentiment on the lower panel of the card, then reassembled the card front by sticking the punched borders down over the snippet-covered panel.

8 comments:

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Jane, a great way to use your snippets.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Di said...

What a darling card Jane and a great way to use snippets too! I have this wonderful border punch and forget to use it so often, but mine is made by Martha Stewart - from the days when I bought punches rather than dies, including those tricky punch around the page ones.

Lovely to see you playing along in the Snippets Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

NanaConnie said...

I love how you did this card, Jane! Gorgeous border cuts and great paper choices.

Margarets designer cards said...

Great idea for a card and it uses up odd papers well done

Cara said...

Love the strips of patterened paper behind that lacy border. So pretty x

Barb said...

It's good to get the old punches out and this one is so pretty. A very clever way to use up snippets. A lovely card Jane. Barbxx

Sarn said...

Very pretty. Great use of snippets.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

KandA said...

Such a lovely design and fantastic way to use the snippets xx