Monday 28 January 2013

Meal Planning Monday - 28th January

Meal Planning Monday

 

Well, last week WAS the first week of the meat-and-veg boxes,  so now I know what's going to be delivered this Thursday it's a lot easier to plan ahead. As usual, the weekend meals may be switched around according to when Mark is free to cook and what he fancies making.

Monday pizza (I made double quantity of dough last time and froze some bases, so this will be a quick meal) topped with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, rocket and parmesan. Green salad and, since we have a celeriac the size of a beach ball, possibly a celeriac remoulade.
Tuesday Lancashire hotpot with braised red cabbage and carrot and swede mash
Wednesday a curry of some sort with the rest of the lamb - probably a dhansak so I can use more than half the lamb in the hot pot and boost tonight's protein with lentils. Not sure what we'll have left in the way of veg but I'll probably do carrots with cumin seed and mustard seed.
Thursday There's going to be a chicken in the box, so we'll have roast chicken with whichever veg look as if they need to be used first.
Friday pasta with creamed cavolo nero sauce This is loosely based on a recipe from one of the  River Café books and  will use up the last of the cavolo nero from the garden
Saturday there's going to be a squash in the box, so tonight we'll have it either as a risotto or in one of Mark's wonderful soups, maybe with some home made onion bread.
Sunday steamed steak pudding - it's still comfort food weather! If I'm fit to go shopping, I'll buy some Brussels Sprouts for with this, otherwise it will be veg from the box

I'm joining in with Meal Planning Monday  at At Home With Mrs M



5 comments:

Kim Carberry said...

Sounds great!!

becky3086 said...

Very nice. I never plan our meals out but I really should. It would definitely help out and take the pressure off of my mornings.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a very tasty, healthy week!

Anonymous said...

I love the sound of the steamed steak pudding. I always crave things like that when it is cold.

Ffi said...

Steamed pudding definately sounds lovely!

BNM