Wednesday 27 March 2013

Less is more 112- Use Beads

This week it's a recipe challenge at Less is More,  with the theme "Use beads".

Now I don't have very many beads, apart from a few very old ones that my grandmother gave me to play with as a child, which I still keep in the tin she gave them to me in. The tin originally contained her favourite peppermint creams and must be around 60 years old.


Some of the beads are from her old necklaces, the others from the bead-trimmed milk jug covers that she used to keep the flies off the milk in the larder - the edges had loops around them with heavy beads to weight the cover down and keep it in place. And these are the ones I've used today, because they happened to be a perfect colour to go with my Broken China Distress Inkpad.

The image I have used is a Kanban stamp, which I've stamped with distress ink and then used a water brush to slightly blend the colour of the sea, the sky and the bands of the lighthouse. I threaded the beads onto matching embroidery thread and have held them in place with a dab of glue. They remind me a little of a seaside storm warning signal.

 
I'm joining in with
 


5 comments:

Jen Nelson said...

fab light house and i love the strings of beads

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Chrissie said...

Sweet card, the beads looks super here!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Unknown said...

Stunning card hun, thanks for joining us at Kanban Craft Challenges, good luck hun xxx

Elaine said...

Love the blue stamping and the way you used the beads is great!!

Susan said...

Very subtle colors and the beads really add just the right touch.