Monday 11 March 2013

Meal NOT planning Monday 11th March

We're off to France for the weekend and I'm trying to clear the fridge before we go, so I'm not really planning this week, it will just be a list of "possible" meals as stocks dwindle!

First of all a bit of feedback on last week.  The Panda Express Orange Chicken was delicious, definitely one to make again in future. Although I'd forgotten just how much further meat goes when it is battered, so I made far too much! We weren't keen on the red goulash, it seemed all too "worthy" and didn't have an appealing flavour or texture.

I completely forgot that I'd planned to do a curry with the squash and made it into a risotto instead, but as that's one of our all time favourites neither of us minded! The Chilli Con Carne with Cornbread Topping is  another old favourite, and I made double quantity of the chilli, so  we're having the rest tonight. I'll blog the recipe for the version with topping later this week (or next week - I'm totally time impoverished at the moment which is why this blog's been a bit quiet)


On Saturday Mark made one of his Ottolenghi-inspired creations  and on Sunday I made  a pear, cheese and pecan tart which is to be my Random Recipe when I get chance to write about it.

So here goes with the meal plan:


 Monday Chilli Con Carne with baked potatoes and broccoli
Tuesday Roast lamb with Dauphinoise of potato and celeriac, roast butternut squash and cavolo nero
Wednesday smoked sausage ring with red cabbage, potato cakes and carrots
Thursday whatever's left in the fridge - probably a cheese omelette with chips and salad

If I manage a meal plan next week it will be on Tuesday, not Monday  - see you then! In the meantime why not pop over to At Home With Mrs M for some more ideas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I might have to join in with this meal planning thing. Now I have a veg bag I have to really think about what I'm doing these days so I don't have moudly veg left over. I do think the cornbread topping on a Chilli Con Carne is a good idea, I've never heard of it before, but it sounds a good alternative to always having rice all the time, and is a bit more of a one pot meal with less washing up (I think?). Really enjoying your food blogs. :O)

Jane Willis said...

I don't think it's really any LESS washing up, but you can get it all out of the way before yuo eat so it doesn't feel as bad after the meal. I'll let you know when i post the recipe. Tempus is fugitting a bit fast at the moment.