Sunday 29 January 2017

Do what you love at CD Sundays

I'm guesting again at CD Sundays, where this fortnight's challenge is "Do what you love". It's up to you how you interpret this - a technique or style of card that you love, perhaps? Or a card that features something you love? But don't forget, there must be something from a craft CD included in your work.

It was very hard for me to choose what to do, as I love ALL papercrafting! But I've managed to combine my love of paper, of stamping and of drinking tea into this card.


First of all I printed a backing paper from the Polkadoodles "Cherry Blossom Lane" CD onto card lightweight enough to go through my printer.  Then I ran the same card through the printer again, this time printing the teacup design from the La Pashe CD "Spring & Summer Templates".  Then I cut out and assembled the pieces, using the teabag pieces as templates on suitable snippets of card. I inked the edges a bit to soften the harsh lines from the printed template and stamped the sentiment using a magazine freebie set.

Incidentally, being left handed, I originally made a version of this card the other way round, with the handle on the left, simply by printing the template on the back of the card rather than the front - but even to me, for whom that is the "right" way round for a teacup, it looked all wrong! Teacups always seem to be shown with the handle on the right, and my poor old brain just couldn't compute when it was the other way round.

I am sharing this with
Craft Rocket Challenge - Add a bow
Glitter and Sparkle - Anything but a square/rectangle

6 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Gorgeous Jane and a great combination of all of your loves.

Sue xx

Barbara Godden said...

Great design, fabulous job. it would have been interesting to see how many people noticed the left handed tea cup. I bet all the lefties would love it.

Barb said...

This really is a great card and I love the design you chose for the teacup. It was interesting reading about the left handed/right handed aspect. My friend is left handed but she irons with her right hand which always fascinates me. Barbxx

Carol said...

What a wonderful shaped card Jane. I haven't seen this before. Wynn will love this - anything but square for Wynn. I love the smudged edges. Thanks again for your lovely creations.
Carol
xx

Wynn said...

Well this ticks all the boxes for me Jane. As Carol says anything but square and I'm as sucker for it. I love the tip about printing the background and then the template on top. It will make for a much smoother finish to the card....I will definitely be doing this from now on....thank you. Hugs Wynn x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jane, such a brilliant shape - a fabulous design.
Pauline
x