Sunday 29 October 2017

Buttermilk Butterfly

The current Butterfly challenge is Zodiac and/or the colour Buttermilk (which has reminded me that it's far too long since I made buttermilk scones).

I hummed and ha-ed for ages, but really couldn't come up with anything to link any of the signs of the zodiac  with a butterfly, so this time I've just gone with the colour challenge.


I used "That folder" for the embossing, adding a flower cut from the same card, made using a set of unbranded dies I was given for my birthday. The butterfly is a gorgeous metal filigree charm I got in The Works, I thought they were a real bargain at 6 for £2. The upper wing tips are held in place with  tiny matching brads, and the body is slightly curved to make it look as if it is flying towards the card. Those little recesses on each wing and the body look as if they would be good places to add a tiny gem, to tie in with perhaps a more colourful card. I think I'll try that next time I use one of the charms.

8 comments:

Cara said...

Gorgeous card, love how it's all buttermilk apart from the butterfly accent x

Lindsey said...

Love the embossing - makes me think of wallpaper and a dado rail! The metal butterfly complements the buttermilk colour very well x

Mrs A. said...

This is perfect Jane and so classy looking. Thankyou for being the first entrant. Hugs Mrs A.

Liz said...

Super, stylish card, Jane, is this called a BOB? (Buttermilk on Buttermilk) ;-) . The butterfly embellishment is so pretty. xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jane, 'that folder' is so elegant embossed on the buttermilk card.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

AlisonC said...

This is so pretty, what a gorgeous folder.

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous folder, beautiful card!!!

Liz said...

Congratulations on your win over in the Butterfly Challenge. xx