Monday 30 October 2017

Heron on the Lake

.. is the name of a local restaurant, not that I've ever been there. But I do have a rather nice stamp of a heron in the bulrushes.


The stamp is a very old Linda Luckin design, no longer available. I love the serenity of it!

For this card I made a background by blending shades of turquoise and green ink, using a sponge dauber then stamped the image and added a couple of metallic dragonfly brads.

I am sharing this with

The Male Room - Silhouettes 
AAA Cards - Ink Blending

11 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I can see why you love this stamp Jane, it's got such a peaceful feel to it. A beautiful card.

Sue xx

Cardsbymaaike said...

i love the scene, I saw a heron trying to guzzle down a rat the other week..not as serene ;-) beautiful card. Thank you for playing with us at AAA cards

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeouse scene, I love that silhouette. fabulous job.

pam said...

Fabulous scene you have created Jane.
I alway`s put an insert in my stepper cards lol.
Hugs Pam x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This definitely has the WOW factor, a great scene and layering and love the addition of the dragonflies. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at The Male Room. Faith DT

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, this is stunning! Jo x

Jane said...

Superb background blending, really makes your silhouettes pop. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Cathy F said...

I feel like I'm on the edge of a lake - very serene! Thanks for playing along at The Male Room Challenge Blog!

Cara said...

Gorgeous card, very tranquil. I love how you added a little pop with the dragonflies x

Rocky said...

Thank you for sharing this gorgeous card with us at TMR, the colours are beautiful and those dragonflies really finish it off.

Andreja said...

What a great card you made. Fantastic work with silhouette :-))
I am so glad you played along with us at The Male Room.