Sunday 17 February 2019

G&T? Don't mind if I do!

So, while I was stencilling the background for the card in my previous post, I thought that another area of the stencil looked rather like a trace of bubbles rising in a fizzy drink... that made me think of gin and tonic (well, tbh most things make me think of gin and tonic...)


So, I stencilled it with Twisted Citron DI, I do love that colour, somewhere between lemon and lime. Then I stamped the G&T sentiment from Crafters companion, positioning it so that it looked as if the bubble tracks were rising from the middle of it, and interspersed the stencilled lines with traces of stickles to add to the "fizzy drink" effect.

This is my second entry to Less is More - One layer, focus on sentiment

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Excellent! Jo x

Margarets designer cards said...

Brilliant card, love your thinking, great sentiment

Kathyk said...

I do love a card with humour, and this has it in spades! Another fab LIM make

Kathyk

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun card and brilliant sentiment love the clever use of the stencil
carol x

Dawn Phillips said...

You are a bad influence. I saw this this stamp on one of your cards and had to go out and get it (and three others as they were on offer). Love Dawn x

Sue - said...

Love this - it’s a great sentiment!

Chana Malkah said...

This design is artsy and awesome. Great use of technique and typography. Your project tells a lovely story. I understood it before I saw you explanation. That is real art (or it could be what I'm drinking right now!) :D)
Hugz,
Chana

Neets B said...

I love this Jane! The stencilled background with that bold (and quite frankly, fabulous!) sentiment is a great combo, and even better that you added the little stickles in between. Great card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x