Monday 25 February 2019

Sparking joy

Am I going all Marie Kondo? Well, let's put it this way, if I were to hold each item in my craft stash to see if it sparked joy, it would probably take me years. And at the end of it, not only would I have failed to part with anything, I'd probably be thinking "But I'd be even happier if I had MORE!"


However, Spark Joy is the current title over at the Library Challenge where the cover they shared is this edition of the book:

29905592 

I decided that as decluttering is the aim of the book, I would make a very CAS, uncluttered card using colours and a layout reminiscent of the book jacket. I masked off the card to leave a circle and blended yellow and orange distress inks into it, then stamped the sentiment and the lovely silhouette stamp overlapping it.

The stamp was part of a set produced by Trish Bayley, many, many years ago. Does anyone remember Trish? Long ago, before most people had internet, she used to run a sort of postal craft club and once we all started to get online she ran a couple of email based crafting groups. Blogs, Facebook and Instagram were still a long way in the future. The last I heard of her was when she had a couple of projects published in Craft Stamper, and even that must have been 15 years ago. I wonder what happened to her?

2 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great card, Jane! I point blank refuse to go Marie Kondo - it's my junk and I like it, Jo x

Marina said...

Ah yes..aka Trish Bee...??? Yes, she was a great ambassador for stamping. This is a beautiful card - Kondo-cas - the placement of the flowers with the circle is fabulous. Thanks for joining The Library.