Tuesday 14 May 2019

Merry Christmas

Last year i won a super collection of Christmas stamps, dies and embossing folders. I thought they were from Crafters Companion but I've just checked the site and can't see anything from the collection I won on there now, but then something I've noticed recently is how quickly brands change their ranges so products appear and disappear very quickly, meaning if we see something we love we have to grab it while it's hot!

Anyway, this card uses several elements of my prize.


I embossed turquoise card with the bauble frame  and mounted it onto chocolate brown card. Then I stamped the bold words onto chocolate brown and heat embossed them with silver powder. Next I die cut them - with some trepidation as I always worry that die cutting heat embossing is going to crack it. A bit of bling to make it festive and the card was finished.

And as always with dark colours, my camera has made the brown look black, so here's a close up  to give you a better idea of the colour (and also of how lovely and sharp the embossing is - if only I could remember what brand they are, I'd definitely buy that brand's folders again, they all give a lovely crisp finish!)


I am sharing this with

52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Brown, silver and turquoise 


Just us Girls -  Bold letters 

3 comments:

Lucinda said...

I'm glad you had a chance to play with your goodies! That embossing folder is great, and does look beautiful quality. A lovely, elegant card. Thanks for playing along at 52CCT this week.

Nancy said...

Love the super detailed EF and the way you did your Christmas greeting! Nice card!! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Just Us Girls!

sweet art designs said...

Great take of the challenge. Thank you for taking part in our 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge - Myrna DT