Saturday 4 January 2020

Freshly stitched

I'm not normally a fan of die cut decoupage, but a couple of years ago I won a pad of the Dovecraft Couture du Jour range and it doesn't have the problems I usually associate with it. The pieces come out cleanly from the backing sheet with no tearing or "lugs" left behind, and because the prnting extends beyond the edge to the images there are no odd white bits where the cutting machine hasn't been perfectly aligned.


For the background I pieced together snippets from the matching paper set, cutting them with pinking shears and adding a faux stitching border. A die cut strip of "lace", a cotton reel charm and lots of buttons finish it all off.

I am sharing this with:

Cardz 4 Galz - Haberdashery 

Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - Anything goes with patterned paper 

Make My Monday - female birthday 

6 comments:

meg said...

Thank you for joining in at MMM with this gorgeous feminine card love the vintage feel it has

Jo said...

Gorgeous.....love that tiny charm x

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, very pretty.

Dawn Phillips said...

That's really pretty and girly Jane. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Wei said...

How gorgeous. Love how you decorate the card with the buttoms. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Dawn Phillips said...

Me again. I really think this is perfect for our theme. Thanks for joining in my challenge at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x