Monday 15 November 2021

Acetate Butterfly

 This butterfly wasn't going to be acetate - I had planned to make a one layer card, with the butterfly heat embossed on the background, but then I got an urge, and you know what it's like when you get  an urge.... 


I started with my blank card, masked off the edges and filled the space with blended inks in shades of orange, gold and brown. Then I used a large Crafters Companion collage stencil to lightly stencil all over the background in one of the orange shades,  and used stamps from a recent Indigo Blu magazine kit  to randomly stamp words and a tailoring pattern stamp over the background in brown. 

This is the point where I was going to stamp and emboss the butterfly, also from the Indigo Blu set. But I felt it would have a bit more life to it if it was a separate layer, so instead I stamped and heat embossed it on acetate. As I heated it and watched my acetate curl and melt into a soggy mess, I remembered that I have a pack of heat embossable acetate....  So one more butterfly later, here is the finished card. 

I am sharing this with

Crafty Calendar - Anything Goes  

Taylormade Cards 4 U - Fall colours 



 

1 comment:

Sue said...

Absolutely stunning card and thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue x