Sunday 11 December 2016

Black and white Hawaii

I don't think Elvis would approve of the title!


It's the dreaded one layer week at Less is More, this time with a theme of Outlines.
I've used a flower and leaves from that Uniko set with the gorgeous toucan (it's funny, I bought the set just for the toucan and yet it's the one stamp in the set that still hasn't seen ink!) and then added the sentiment from the same set, stamped with a Kaleidacolour Birthstones pad.

There's nowhere to hide with a one layer card, and placement is all-important. In my first draft of this card, I put the sentiment in the top right and it just looked...... broken. Often a sentiment at the other side of the white space adds balance to a CAS card, but I think the fact that the image was black and white and the sentiment was in colour meant they looked too divorced from each other. I've saved the card - I'm going to try colouring in the image to see if it looks better that way, although of course it won't be any use for this particular challenge!

6 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Great card! Wish I was off to Hawaii!!!

Aileen said...

Beautiful, love the idea of outline being in black and sentiment in colour.

crafty-stamper said...

Great dreaded one layer card lol love the stamp
Carol x

Kathyk said...

FAB make

Kathyk

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautifully done Jane and great use of those Uniko stamps ... they are just great as outlines aren't they!
Thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah x

Esther said...

I love how you've used the stamp set - it looks fab! I know what you mean about the toucan. I've got a few sets like that where I've used everything but the one that made me buy it! The sentiment in colour is a great touch. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More :)