Saturday 10 December 2016

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #74 XXX X-mas

Oh my goodness, what HAVE Santa and Edna been up to?


I think Edna's definitely made it onto the naughty list this year, don't you? And now at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers we want to see YOUR naughty side - our latest theme is XXX X-mas.


My card uses a character printed out from the Katy Sue designs CD "The Christmas Spirit" - I've chopped off the none-too-snarky sentiment and replaced it with one stamped using the Dylusions Christmas Sentiments set. For the background, I stamped and coloured champagne bottles, using an old unmounted stamp I've had since the Dark Ages, a pair of lips from a kiddies' set of stamps (don't tell the grandchildren how I've been using their stamps!) and the bottom of a shot glass for the glass rings. I got the idea for the rings from a technique that Sister Lindsay shared here.

OK, I know, I know, I used red ink with the shot glass to give red wine stains, and champagne is white, but the only small wine bottle stamp I have is the champagne one, and white wine rings wouldn't have shown up. It's artistic license!

I am sharing this with
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Fab'nFunky - Make Someone Smile
Classic Design Team Open Challenge - December
  

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a fun card, Jane. I love the background and the image - she's definitely got the festive spirit! The sentiment is perfect too. I think we all indulge in a bit of artistic license at times, so why not red champagne :) Elizabeth xx

Barbara Godden said...

Great image, great background fabulous card.

Donna said...

Fabulous sistah!!!
That image works perfectly with the sentiment and I adore your background of wine rings and smooches!!

Craftychris said...

This is so cool! Love it! Red champagne could be the next big thing! xxx

Printable Art said...

great job on the card! I love the play on naughty or nice!

Lindsey said...

So there's champagne in her gift bag, and she's drinking red. Works for me! So does the card, it's so much fun!

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Terrific Christmas Card creation. Love the sentiment, just perfect with the image. Nice work. Love how you have created your background design. Nice work. Love it.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Monika Reeck said...

Wow great image great color love the Bottle Champagne paper behind her...naughty n cool card Jane
See you on my blog if you have time Jane...hugs n happy sunday
Monika

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

It looks great and who cares what color the rings are, they are perfect.

Wendy said...

Fabulous card.. Thanks for playing along with at Fab'n'Funky:)
Wendy xx

Catie Cuddles said...

Fun!
Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.
Happy Crafting!
Catherine X DT
PS. Sorry I am late popping over to see your card.... but better late than never?

Helen said...

Great creation, Jane - love your interpretation of that picture!

Thanks for joining us at the Classic Design Team Open Challenge.

Helen x