Friday 30 December 2016

Some old favourite stamps

I've had fun unearthing lots of my older stamps for this card, inspired by a tag I once spotted on Pinterest.

 
The stamps I used are:
 
Background:
Stampington Elegant Butterfly
Assorted unmounted leaf stamps from my collection
Anita's stamp - no name but it's a spattered dots background
Stampendous Ornate Postcard
 
Toppers:
Hero Arts Moments Background
Hero Arts Large Tulip
 
They are all at least 10 years old, some of them nearer to 20. Much as I love buying (and playing with) new stash, it's wonderful to revisit old friends. I often have pruning sessions and rehome some of my stamps, but these are ones I will never part with. That makes the "memories" element even more relevant, as each of these stamps brings back so many memories of previous creations.
 
I am sharing this with
Time Out Challenges - Inspired by Words 
C.R.A.F.T Challenge - Anything Goes 
Crafty Gals Corner - Anything Goes   
Loves to Craft - Anything Goes
 

10 comments:

sandie said...

Fabulous collage stamping and love the added dimension, thanks for joining Time Out

Liz said...

Lovely card, Jane. What a beautiful collection of old stamps you've used! Well done on 'pruning' some of your stamps, it's something I must do sometime. xx

craftysahmiam said...

It's always fun to revisit old craft supply friends, memories associated with them. Thanks for sharing your lovely collage card with us at Love To Craft Challenge !

Jules said...

Hi Jane

I know exactly what you mean .. .. lots of my stamps hold special memories. I find it very hard to prune them .. . but if I do they usually go to a little crafty friend who lives nearby. She and her brother have fun with them and send me cards that use them .. .. which is nice.

Hoping to play with my Brushos in a bit .. .. now I have found 60% of my craft room! At least I can get to the desk which is a major achievement LOL!!

I hope you had a really good Christmas and wish you all the best for 2017.

Love Jules xx

Barbara Godden said...

Your card is a beautiful collage of a gorgeous group of stamps. I have trouble parting with my stamps, some of mine are getting close to 20 as well. My PSX stamps are my favourite and the Butterfly Moon still has some real oldies (bought myself one for Christmas)

Craftychris said...

This is so beautiful! Love the colours. I am really bad at parting with stamps, I love them all! xxx

Darnell said...

Aaaah, this took my breath away, Jane! It's really warm and lovely! And I know prezackly what you mean about how we cherish some of the elderly stamps we've had since the beginning and made many memorable cards with! (Is that terribly ungrammitical? I think so, but it is New Year's eve after all!!) Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Really nice love the colours and textures you have here. Thank you and good luck in the challenge over at LTCCB Pen x DT member

Brenda said...

I love that you have created this lovely card with "vintage" stamps. Such a lovely card with a mixed media vibe. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Jane ... your background collage stamping is just lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)