Sunday 11 December 2016

Just a jar of bees

.... well. where else would you keep bees? Or flowers for that matter?


The jar of bees and flowers and the separate bees are pre-printed die cuts that were part of a lovely bundle of craft goodies I won in a magazine challenge earlier this year. They are a bit big for using with anything else - that's an A5 sized card and the jar fills most of the front - and I wasn't really sure whether I would ever use them, until this week's challenge at Just Us Girls appeared and the theme is JARS!

 
Well, it's the only jar-themed stash in my extensive arsenal so I had to grab the chance to use it! Because the die cuts are so big, there's not much you can really do with them, but I was delighted to find that the honeycomb print paper in my beloved DCWV Stack9 includes a shade of green that exactly matches the centre of the flower. And honeycomb is the natural accompaniment to bees, isn't it? I've added a teeny-tiny stamped sentiment to counterbalance the bigness of everything else.

4 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, just look at all those bees. How fun and very cute!! Great card, great design, great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!
Judy - Challenge Host

crafty-stamper said...

I really love this well I love Bees so you got me straight off
Carol x

Barbara Godden said...

Great design with the jar and bees, great use of that paper too. Fab. card.

Vicki Dutcher said...

How fun are your bees! Love them in the jar too. Thanks for joining in at JUGS