Thursday 29 December 2016

I'm back in Craft Land!

Hello again my friends - I hope you all had a lovely Christmas. I certainly did, lots of fun with the family, and no crafting done at all: I've just realised that my most recent non-scheduled craft post was almost 3 weeks ago! However I'm back again in the driving seat - or should that be crafting seat. And as Santa brought me a lovely new craft storage unit, lots more Promarkers and my first ever Brushos, and I also won several crafting goodies from magazines and blogs over the last few weeks, I have lots and LOTS to play with.

But first of all, a quick and simple make to ease me back into the swing of things. My new storage system gives me easy access to my snippets box, which means I can see at a glance just how many there are! I'm going to have to be much more disciplined now about cutting into a new sheet of card instead of taking the time to see if I have a suitable piece in the box. A quick rummage this morning produced several scraps in various yellow and green shades - just the colours you would expect to see in a courgette/zucchini, so I've made a card for the Butterfly Challenge where that is one of the options (the other is Zero, but I don't think I have any Big Birthdays to make for at the moment)


The butterflies are a Memory Box die that I won from Liz at Crafty Sunflower and the stamped sentiment is that wonderful magazine freebie that appears on my work time and time again.

I'm also popping over to the Snippets Playground with this - do pop over and check it out as there is a mega-giveaway going on this time!

9 comments:

Barb said...

A beautiful card Jane. I love the vibrant colours of your butterflies. Glad you had a good Christmas and it sounds as if you've got lots of new crafty goodies to enjoy in the new year. Barbxx

Sarn said...

Lovely and colourful.

Wishing you a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Can't wait to see what else you come up with after you've had enough time to play with your new toys.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Mrs A. said...

Perfect Zucchini colours. Loving those vibrant butterflies. Have fun with all your new goodies.
Thankyou for fluttering first past the post in my new challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Sue - said...

Glad you had a good Christmas Jane and good to see you back in the crafting seat. Love your bright butterflies.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jane, such a pretty CAS design.
I hope you enjoyed the Christmas holiday.
Pauline
x

Darnell said...

Your parade of zucchini snippet butterflies is remarkable, Jane! So vibrant and filled with joy! Welcome back and best wishes for good health, love, and giggles in the new year!! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

A lovely card Jane - like a splash of Summer colour. Happy 2017 to you and Mark!

Hugs

Di xx

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous card and butterflies, fab CAS design and awesomely cheery colours. You scored really well for Christmas, I got some packs of gingham flowers and some wood butterflies. so that means I have treat myself. We got lots of gift cards for eating out but none for crafting.

Tina Z. said...

great CAS design and I love the vibrant colours.
Thank you for joining us at the Butterfly Challenge.
Wishing you a Happy New Year.