Friday 9 December 2016

Watercolour hydrangea

I've had this hydrangea stamp for many years - it is made by Stampa Rosa (are they still around?) and the date on it is 2000. It's one I come back to over and over again. Hydrangeas remind me of my childhood - there was a big hydrangea bush in our garden, and although people work hard to get them to flower in either pink or blue, ours was left to its own devices and the flowers were always mauve. So I've coloured it mauve in honour of that one!


It is stamped and heat embossed on watercolour paper then coloured in with watercolour pencils. The punched edges used a Martha Stewart punch and the background is a textured card from Bazzill. I added a little ribbon because I thought it needed a bit of something more, but I fear it looks as if I'm trying to cover up a blooper, which for once I'm not!

I'm sharing this with:
The Flower Challenge - Use an older stamp, die or stencil
Stamping Sensations - Floral fancies
Loves to Craft - Anything Goes
Crafting Musketeers - Anything Goes   

7 comments:

Viv said...

A pretty Hydrangea Jane. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Stamping Sensations!

Aileen said...

Love this stamp, as usual a beautiful card. Always put together perfectly. Wonderful. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

scrappymo! said...

This card is so lovely. I really like the fancy edged mats. They look wonderful with your beautiful image.

Dora said...

Beautiful card.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

brenda said...

I'm rather behind getting here to comment Jane but didn't want to miss the opportunity to thank you for sharing your lovely floral card with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Beautiful simple card! Thanks for joining us at Love to Craft! Challenge Blog
Tina dt

Karen Dunbrook said...

So pretty and elegant...
Thanks so much for playing along with The Flower Challenge!! Hope to see you again.