Tuesday 4 June 2019

Fathers Day at Cardz 4 Guyz

Here in the UK, it is almost Fathers day - time to get your thinking caps on for Fathers day cards.  So that's our latest theme at Cardz 4 Guyz 

I have a new Spellbinders die that is perfect for the task!


I cut it in pale blue and mounted it over a dark blue background. However the centres of the middle two "o"s in COOL were really tight spirals and I could absolutely NOT get them out of the die without tearing! That gave me an idea, though - I'd been trying to come up with a way to add interest to the card, as the die cut is so big it is hard to combine it with anything else.  So I trimmed away what was left of the spiral and added die cut spectacles and a pair of googly eyes, then matted the whole assembly onto dark red card to match the spectacles.

4 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

Brilliant use of this die. I do like the like googly eyes. Love Dawn x

Mrs A. said...

What a brilliant save. Card looks great. Hugs MrsA.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is fabby, I love the Glasses. I wouldnt have known about the o issues, I thought it was meant to be like that!! Love Hazelx

Carol L said...

What a brilliant save for the torn die cut! Those glasses and googlie eyes were meant to be there :) Super cute card!