Wednesday 12 June 2019

Nail Polish technique at Back to Basics


Today at Back to Basics, our challenge is to use the Nail Polish Technique, where nail polish is floated on water and heavyweight watercolour paper dipped in it to create marble patterns. Our main challenge post includes a link to a video that will help you if you haven't tried this before.

I watched several You Tube videos before I was brave enough to attempt it, but finally got myself some usable backgrounds and used this one  with some die cut silhouette flowers. I can't say it's a technique I particularly enjoyed, but it's always an interesting challenge to try something new so I hope you will have a go!

6 comments:

Sherri Thacker said...

A silhouette die is perfect to show off your background! Love the rich colors that came out!

Mrs A. said...

Ooooooo I likey! Hugs Mrs A.

Mrs A. said...

Just watched the video. Nail polish here
I come!! Hugs Mrs A.

Lucille K said...

Wonderful, colorful nail polish art card, Jane :)

Catie Cuddles said...

Oh this is lovely. Love the bright colours you chose.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x

jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts said...

I love the colours you used and it's a great finished card. The paper somehow makes me think of a lava lamp!
Jenny x