Tuesday 18 June 2019

Happy Birthday Lara

Today is my oldest granddaughter's 10th birthday. She's an avid reader - she asked for books, books and more books for her birthday - so I wanted to make a card using my old Bookatrix scoring board. And as she's a Harry Potter fan, I decided to give it a Harry Potter theme.




I found it quite hard to source Harry Potter themed images and papers, but eventually managed to find a download on etsy (I've since found out that Polkadoodles have some too). I used some pages from an actual Harry Potter book as some of the book pages. For the bookmark down the centre, I would have really liked to use some red and yellow horizontal striped ribbon but this read and cream vertical striped was the nearest I could find.

I made a box for the card and used some paper from the download plus the Hogwarts crest from the book to decorate the lid.

5 comments:

Sherri Thacker said...

How creative!! I know she will love it!!

jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts said...

This is so cute! I just noticed the polkadoodles digi stamps and added them to my wish list. I hope your grand daughter has a wonderful birthday x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is brilliant, what a super creation, Happy Birthday to Lara. Bugaboo do Harry Potter images as well if you need any at a later date, Hazel xx

Liz said...

Absolutely brilliant card, Jane. I know a few little people who would love this card. I'm sure your granddaughter was over the moon when she saw it! xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous book card love the images and that you used book pages-great box cover too
carol x