Sunday 9 June 2019

Playing with a new die

A few days ago, I was delighted to see that I was the May winner at Tales From The Craft Room and my prize of some beautiful patterned cardstock and a die set arrived last week - I had to have a play this weekend!


I matted some of the brocade patterned cardstock onto purple card for the background  then used a slightly smaller square of purple to cut the beautiful flower circle die - the die comes in two halves so you have the option of cutting two different sides, as I have done, or using the same side twice to give either a plain lace bordered circle or a nearly-all-over floral one. Or a semi circle if that's what you need. Before adding it to the background, I added a heat embossed stamped sentiment (and guess who forgot to use her anti static bag? It's only when you forget it that you see what a difference it makes!)

With brand new dies and brand new cardstock, I'm sharing this with Fab'n'Funky - Something New  and I am also sharing it with
Alphabet Challenge - F is for Flowers 
Watercooler Wednesday - Feminine Anything Goes 

6 comments:

meg said...

gorgeous floral die Jane love the brocade paper against the purple background, thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

Sherri Thacker said...

That's a very pretty die.Love the card!

Dawn T said...

such a pretty die. As a purple lover, I adore the card. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Dawn ~DT

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful Die, fabulous card, love the purple it's so elegant and suits the die perfectly.

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, love your new die...Thanks for joining us Fab'n'Funky :)
Wendy x

Dawn Phillips said...

Gorgeous card Jane. Love Dawn x