Friday 27 March 2020

Another pirate card

A few weeks ago I shared this card, which has now gone to a new home. But this week Mark found out that the son of one of his friends is about to celebrate his 4th birthday and is feeling very sad as the coronavirus lockdown means his party has had to be cancelled and he won't be seeing his friends. He is pirate mad and Mark asked me to make another similar card so he can send it to the little boy.


I used the boy stamps and treasure chest from my Clearly Besotted pirate stamp set plus lots and lots of scraps for the die cut background. I heat embossed the sentiment  in white on black card and cut it into a flag shape at the end to match the flags on the pirate ship. The images were coloured with Promarkers and fussy cut.

I am sharing this with

Addicted to Stamps and More - Make Your Mark 


Fab n Funky - masculine 

Little Red Wagon - Use your leftovers  - I'm pleased to say that everything but the base card came from my scraps basket.

Watercooler Wednesday - All about occasions 

10 comments:

Pat said...

Fabulous card, great little scene, super cute images and lovely bright colours, thanks for joining in our challenge at Fab’n’Funky this week.

Pat xx

Crafting Queen said...

I am sure he will love it. Great card.

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! What a fabulous pirate card, Jane! The last 6 weeks have been harsh regarding my abilities, so I have not left as many comments as usual. I have enjoyed all your beautiful creations, and appreciate your inspiration. Please forgive my inability to get this fumble fingers working properly. hugs, de

Chris said...

A fantastic card for a pirate-loving small boy, I'm sure he'll love it!
Such a shame for the birthday kiddies just now, all the excitement and anticipation of their 'big day' cancelled! I know it's more important for them to be safe but still such a disappointment!
Thanks for playing along at Fab'n' Funky this week
Chris
x

Liz said...

Another lovely pirate card, Jane. I'm sure it will bring a smile to the little boys face. xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a fantastic card Jane, I can see why your husband requested another card like this one.

Sue xx

Dawn Phillips said...

He'll be over the moon with your pirate card. It's so hard on the kids. My niece will miss her party too. Love Dawn x

Imke said...

He will L O V E your card for sure. I do and you did a great job using your scraps.

Thanks for joining us this week @ Little Red Wagon. Hope to see you back again soon.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Dawn T said...

What an adorable card Jane. I'm sure it will cheer up the little boy. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

Izzy Scrap said...

So darn cute, Jane ! What a lovely and adorable scene you’ve made. I’m sure that this little boy will be very happy with your beautiful card ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.