Monday 16 March 2020

Two Turtle Doves

This stamp is part of a "Twelve Days of Christmas" set that came with a magazine a few years ago.


I  dusted kraft card with an anti static pad then stamped and heat embossed the doves and corners,  doing one stamped area at a time because my kraft card is very absorbent and I was worried that even my slow-drying embossing ink pad would soak in if I worked too slowly. Using one of the creative corners in the Misti ensured I could keep removing and replacing the card in the correct position to get all the corners lined up. 

After stamping the sentiments, I coloured the leaves with a green Promarker. The alcohol ink can easily stain the embossing wherever the pen tip touches it, so I kept my blender pen and a tissue handy to remove and smudges as I went along. 

I am sharing this with 

52 Christmas Card Throwdown  - green, kraft, white 


Jingle Belles - Fa-la-la-la-la  (The Twelve Days of Christmas) 

7 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is super, I love embossing powders but dont have any white! Seeing your creation I think I may have to rectify that! Hazelxx

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card love the effect of white embossing on kraft
Carol x

Majda said...

I love your two turtle doves card and your card it's a great use of the challenge colours.
Thank you for joining the Christmas Card Throwdown.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
Majda DT

SmilynStef said...

what perfect colors for those images ... love the kraft ... so very glad you fa-la-la-la-la'd with us at Jingle Belles.

Helen said...

Love this - the white on craft is so effective.

Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazlenut's Christmas Challenge.

Helen x

Lorraine said...

Oooh, I love the white embossing on kraft. Great card!

lauren bergold said...

love those sweet doves and the white embossing is so perfect! thanks for FA-LA-LA-ing along with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥