Monday 23 March 2020

Vintage butterflies


The starting point for this card was the stamped anemone and rose embellishments. The stamp set is a layering set that I won several years ago but hadn't used before as I'd not had a set of toning inks. Once I had stamped and fussy cut the images, the rest of the card seemed to some together. I used a very old Kanban stamp for the butterfly panel, coloured in the butterflies and distressed the edged then matted it on deep burgundy card. As usual, my camera is a total pain with dark colours and no matter how much I fiddle around with the settings they all come out looking like black.

For the background I found a part-sheet of patterned paper in my stash in all the right shades and printed with vintage print, script, butterflies and flowers. Perfect to pull everything together. It's the next-to-last sheet from the very first pack of 12 x 12 patterned paper bought, well over 20 years ago, and it came from Tesco of all places. It's quite flimsy paper so I could only distress the edges very lightly,  with the blade of my scissors, or it would have torn.

I am sharing this with The Butterfly Challenge  where I have used the elements  Vibrant Burgundy and Vintage Style.

1 comment:

Mrs A. said...

Perfectly vintage. That is a long time to have kept your paper so I feel privileged that you have used here on your card. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me. Hugs Mrs A.