Monday 30 March 2020

Butterfly circle - twice

This is very much a card that went wrong! Here is my second attempt:


I used my Misti to position the butterflies, turning the card by 90 degrees after each one while leaving the stamp in place to stamp the first 4, then repositioning  the stamp and repeating in a second colour,  then finishing off with the central motif.

However on my first attempt, I mis-positioned the central motif so it was noticeably off-center, which spoiled the card. Instead of discarding it, I die cut a central circle to remove all traces of the offending motif.


Then I reversed the circle I had removed and stamped with a circular sentiment that serendipitously happened to be exactly the right size for it.


I closed the card and stuck the circle to the inside back of the card, using the front aperture as a template to ensure perfect positioning. I think after the rescue job, I prefer the one that went wrong to the one that worked!

However, it is neither on layer nor sentiment -free, so it's only the first one that i am sharing at Less is More where the challenge is One Layer, No Sentiment. 

4 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Two very pretty cards

Crafting Queen said...

Two lovely cards and well saved!

Dawn Phillips said...

Nice save hun. Love Dawn x

Kathyk said...

Both smashing makes, Jane

Stay well

Kathyk