Thursday 5 March 2020

Classic fashion

I keep a box full of "semi retired" stamps - ones I've not used for years but don't want to part with - tucked away in the spare room. That's where the daffodil stamp I used for yesterday's stained glass effect card lives, and while i was rummaging for it I spotted this very old Kanban stamp and decided it needed to come out to play.


Although I think the flowers are meant to be pinks, I was in the mood for a blue and lilac colour scheme so today they are being cornflowers. I coloured the image with watercolours and stamped a sentiment onto a piece of paper that I tore out of a magazine several years ago - I knew it would come in handy one day! Then I added the doiley, pearls, ribbon and bow, lace and buttons.

I am sharing this with

Allsorts Challenge - Add three pearls

Little Red Wagon - tie one on 

Alphabet Challenge - X for x-tra embellishments

Pearly Sparkles - For the ladies/girls 

Watercooler Wednesday - anything goes with a feminine twist

11 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

Wow, Jane! What a stunning card! I, too, have semi-retired stamps with which I am determined not to part. I can see why you wouldn't wish to part with this lovely image. That lovely lady simply needs your gorgeous embellishments. The flowers make perfect cornflowers--I would have coloured them blue as well. A beautiful and very feminine creation. Thanks so much for sharing with our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

brenda said...

She a real lady of fashion Jane, makes a great card and don't know about you but when I return to an old stamp I see it in a totally different light and it's like starting anew, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts 'Pearls' theme challenge this week.

B x

Donna Ellis said...

When you decide to go for texture, Jane, you really put it out there! Darling buttons, ribbon, lace, doily, and then that image on textured watercolor paper and so beautifully colored! Looks wonderful! hugs, de

Ellibelle said...

What a beautiful creation! Loving the image!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge!

Basslady said...

what a fantastic creation!

thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,

Silvi

Tristan said...

Fab card Jane. Love all the different elements from the doily, buttons and ribbons to your beautifully coloured lady. Thanks for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Tristan DT.

JanR said...

Great card! I really like the colours. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and elegent stamp
Carol x

Lynda said...

Very classy card Jane - love the 'cornflowers' but especially love the additional elements. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda DT

crafty-stamper said...

Hi just popping back to say-Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
Carol DT x

Cazro said...

A fabulous card Jane. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges, we hope to see you visit us again. Caz. DT