Wednesday 18 March 2020

Happy Birthday Mark

Today is Mark's birthday - and this year thanks to Coronavirus there will be no meal out or hotel break to celebrate. All our social plans seem to be on hold for the foreseeable future, but at least he has his gardening and I have my crafting.

As usual, the card I have made for him reflects his love of gardening and  this time in particular his love of growing chillies.


At Christmas he bought me a beautiful collection of Sheena Douglass  veg themed stamps. The trouble is they are HUGE, each image fills the front of a large card, and needs little else with it, so I've been trying to think of ways to use them in more versatile ways.

Here I stamped  the bunch of chillis then moved a stitched rectangle die around over the image until I found an area that looked good in the window of the die,  then cut it with the die in that position. Then I coloured it with Promarkers - if you squint carefully you can see that I used several shades of red. Once it was completely dry, I covered it in clear embossing ink and powder and heated it, so in real life it is an intensely glossy panel.

For the background I used a Versamark pad and a silhouette chilli stamp from a Rubber Dance set to stamp randomly over the green card. Finally I added a stamped sentiment, also cut with a stitched die to go with the chilli panel.

I am sharing this with

Shopping Our Stash - Happy Birthday 

Creative Crafting Uncles - Birthday

Passion for Promarkers - masculine

7 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely bright card. I love growing chillies as well. Hope you both have a lovely day.

Mrs A. said...

This is a super card for your hubby. (For the first time in 25yrs I will be be having my Brithday at home and not in my beloved Italy). Have you thought of die cutting out flowers /butterflies from the large image once you have coloured It? You may not see the design necessarily but it would be another option of using the large stamps. Keep safe and well and carry on crafting. Hugs Mrs A.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous card, love the stamped chilli background. Thanks for sharing it with us at Passion for Promarkers.
Lorraine DT

Barbara Godden said...

Super Birthday card for a gardener, The colours are so bright and warming, the card along should bring the warm weather so he can enjoy his garden. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for Happy Birthday.

Alex said...

Beautiful gardeniung birthday card. Love the background paper.
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Creative Crafting Uncles and good luck. Hope you will join us next challenge again.

Crafty greetings
Alex

*Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles {#03 – Birthday}
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#39 – masculine birthday}
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#39 – Spring / Easter}
*GDT* Cards und More {#46 – Moodboard}
Alex' Kreative Seite

Furrbster said...

This is really pretty,

hugz Tinz

Donna said...

Happy belated birthday!
Although I am sure it was subdued, hope it was a good celebration nontheless!
Thanks for celebrating birthdays with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!