Monday 23 March 2020

Twofers and Snippets

I've had a lovely weekend of crafting, digging around in my stash and moving right away from the CAS look that I lean towards much of the time. 


My plan was to make two cards using this Crafters companion blue tit on a blossom branch for the Twofers challenge, so I started with the upright one which was also going to be my snippets make. First I stamped the image onto yellow paper and coloured in just the flowers. Then I stamped a snippet of pink card all over with a text stamp and die cut a frame for the image, which I raised with foam pads and trimmed with peel offs.



For the background I stamped the botanical silhouettes (a very old Graphicus stamp set) and heat embossed them with gold. Then I blended distress inks over the background and polished the embossing with a tissue  to remove any ink from the surface. I finished the card with twine and a sentiment matted onto a circle punched from the remains of the pink text-stamped card.

The second card had been going to be something completely different from this, but sometimes plans need to change. Especially when on the workdesk there is the central square left over from die cutting the frame, a scrap of card I'd tested whether I could ink over gold embossing on, a sheet of border peel offs with just four lines left and a little bit of patterned paper left from the card I'd made for the Butterfly Challenge earlier.


A rummage in the snippets box produced some cloudy effect paper (probably too subtle for the camera) in a pretty pale green and some scraps of gold mirri. I stamped, fussy cut and shaped the flowers and die cut the sentiment then assembled the card finishing the edges of the background with the last few peel offs. The top left corner looked a bit bare, so since I'd dusted off all my old peel off folders I flicked through and found a tiny dragon fly to finish it off. So there you have it, a card made from the snippets of snippets!


I am sharing both of these with Pixie's Snippets Playground   and The Twofer Card Challenge where the theme is Spring Animals - hope birds count too!

11 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two stunning cards Jane, lovely colours too.

Sue xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Two beautiful cards, lovely designs

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Jane! I hope you are doing well. Two amazingly colored cards with beautiful floral and nature details. Your dimensional flowers are so carefully done, and the frame for your vintage bird is lovely! Miss hearing from you! hugs, de

Darnell said...

I am in awe of how you used so many snippets of snippets for these two gorgeous and colorful cards, Jane! So much for the eyes to enjoy and be inspired by, and everything fits together like it came in a kit! You're skills are fantastic whether layered or CAS! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #25! Take care!! 😷 Hugs, Darnell

Crafting Queen said...

Two beautiful cards, love the colours.

Mrs A. said...

Two super cards. I love the first card and your ingenuity of making the second card using all the left over snippets up. Brilliant. Hope your safe and well. Hugs Mrs A.

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...two GORGEOUS cards Jane! So many areas to look at and drool over on each card too! Such a pretty bird image to begin with, and then all the lovely additions of snippets, gold embossing, and blending...a feast for the eyes and just lovely!! Thanks so much for sharing these beauties with us at The Twofer Challenge!! :0)

Cat Craig said...

Thanks so much for sharing these colorful and textural delights with us at Twofer Card Challenge.

Di said...

Wonderful cards Jane! I do love the colour combinations - and how productive you've been. I just can't really settle to anything - although I did make some sausage rolls yesterday. Bad me, bought the sausage meat to make them at Christmas! It sure beat doing some cleaning :)

Hugs

Di xx

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful inky works of heart. Love them!

Linby said...

Two absolutely stunning cards Jane. Love the colours you used.