Wednesday 4 March 2020

Stained glass daffodils

Google photos tells me that the last time I used this stamp was exactly 5 years ago today. Some things are worth hanging on to!


My interest in glass paining has recently revived and I decided to see how this worked alongside stamping. I used a sheet of heat embossable acetate which I dusted with an anti-static pad before stamping it with Versafine ink and heat embossing with black powder. I would normally use clear powder when embossing on acetate as even when it's been "anti-staticed" it can still show specks, and the cealr doesn't show up so much, but I wanted the heavy black look of the stained glass effect outlines, so I was extra thorough about removing specks before heating. I then painted it normally except that the embossed outlines aren't as deep as when you use outliner from a tube so I had to actually paint in each area rather than flooding them with colour.

When it was dry I trimmed the edges then used spray adhesive to attach it to a white card panel, matted this with red and then stamped an art-deco style sentiment to go with the Tiffany-esque look of the image.

I am sharing this with

Addicted to Stamps and More - CAS


Stamping Sensations - Spring Florals 

AAA Birthday - Flowers 



12 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

this is gorgeous, interesting technique. What paint did you use? when I have done the faux stained glass I have always painted on the back side of the acetate. anyway TFS.

Crafting Queen said...

Really beautiful card, love it!

Donna Ellis said...

Jane, the acetate looks fantastic with your stained glass masterpiece! I love the sentiment you used, having that deco background running through the words. hugs, de

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW, this is beautiful, what a stunning card, I love seeing stained glass, theres something amazing about it, Hazelxx

Mrs A. said...

Perfect stained glass panel. Really effective. Hugs Mrs A.

brenda said...

Lovely bright and vibrant Daffodils in your stained glass window Jane (and I have this stamp somewhere gathering dust), many thanks for joining in with our 'Spring' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Anna M. said...

Beautiful CAS card! It really looks like stained glass!

Thank you and we hope you will join us again in the next ATSM Challenge!.

Anna – Design Team member at Addicted to Stamps and More

Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
Thank you!

Jane said...

Wow! What a wonderful technique to create such an eye catching card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Joan said...

Lovely stained glass effect and a lovely card

Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

joan

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and stamp we are all having fun rediscovering our old stamps
carol x

Angela said...

This card is really amazing.♥ Thanks a lot for joining us at our Flowers Challenge by
AAA Birthday Challenge
Good luck and hope to see you again.
Hugs and greetings Angela DT

Wei said...

Such a stunning card. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Birthday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.