Monday 27 May 2013

Aged to Perfection

I was really pleased that this week's challenge on CD Sundays is "Aged to Perfection"  because the new CD-ROM I bought this week, The Wine Buffs from Katy Sue Designs, includes that exact sentiment, so it gave me the perfect excuse to play with my new toy.

There are some great shaped cards on the CD, and I decided to take a short cut by printing a wine bottle shaped card and then turning the card over to print the backing paper. Unfortunately I put the card back in the printer the wrong way round and ended up with the inside of the card lined with upside-down wine glasses. I rescued it, though, by printing a new backing sheet and bonding it to the card with spray adhesive (making SURE it was the right way up!) before cutting it out.

There are lots of labels to choose from for the front and back of the bottle - I went with two that tied in well with the challenge, and then added a blank label to the inside to write on. A couple of "cork" sentiments  added with 3d foam were all it needed to complete a very unusual card.



8 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Jane, this is stunning. Well done for making your own bottle, I like it a lot. The sentiments are super as is the design. Thanks for joining us again this week.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A great card Jane, and a great bottle that you've made here too. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

Sue T
CD Sunday DT

Mistys Mum said...

Hi Jane - I love that bottle it is just perfect. Nearly used that CD myself.
Gloria x
GDT for May @ CD Sunday

sue-b said...

fabulous Jane , had to chuckle as i do things like but a great recovery and brilliant card. thanks for joining us this week.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Beryl said...

Great card and great save. We've all done it - or something similar. I have to make and easel card out if one I put upside down just a couple of days ago.
Thank you for joining us again this week.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

Fabulous. It looks like a real bottle. I'm sure whoever receives this will love it.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

Hi Jane... I love your rescue. Kind of thing I would have done and do you remember Joanna Sheen used to do it on C & C?
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

Margarets designer cards said...

I love this card, and perfect for the challenge, great idea the wine bottle