Wednesday 13 August 2014

Fur and feathers

This week's challenge at Crafty hazelnut's Christmas Challenge is "Fur and/or Feathers"

At first I was going for fur, using an assortment of bits and pieces out of my Christmas scraps box, but I'm not very pleased with the finished result. There's a reason why all these bits and pieces weren't sold together.... it's because they don't work together. However I'm still sharing this because one aspect of it I AM proud of - it's the first time I've successfully cut a stepper card to my own measurements rather then from a recipe and actually ended with a card that lies flat when folded and has no odd bits sticking out at the top or bottom!



So I decided to move on to Feather and use some of the lovely Joanna Sheen papers that came with last year's Making Cards Christmas Special. I've used the blue tit toppers and some of the backing papers to make two different cards.





2 comments:

Tracy Welham said...

They both look fab! x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely cards for CHNC challenge 189 - you could also enter these into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see them there too. x