Saturday 2 August 2014

Lentil and carrot "tabbouleh"

When I first saw the recipe for Puy Lentil and Carrot Tabbouleh on Cherrapeno I expected it to have some bulghur wheat in it somewhere, but in fact the "tabbouleh" part of it is the carrot, which is finely pulsed in a food processor to give a tabbouleh like texture. An intriguing idea, and one I had to try right away.

I had to omit the parsley, as ours is just about over, so I used a little more mint, and my tin of lentils was one I'd brought home from France, just "lentilles" and not Puy lentils. Apart from that, I followed the recipe exactly.



The salad came out stunningly colourful - and stunningly delicious too. I generally grate carrot for salads but pulsing it to give this fine, crumbly texture is a great idea and one I will adapt to other salads in future - and I'll be making this one again soon, too.

I'm joining in with Bookmarked Recipes at Tinned Tomatoes  - if you follow the link you'll find last month's splendid selection of recipes, like having a vegetarian cookbook all on one page - as well as being able to submit a recipe of your own if you wish.                                                           




1 comment:

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Thanks for entering your dish into Bookmarked Recipes, I am loving the addition of carrots. The roundup is now live.