Wednesday 26 November 2014

A CAS Christmas card

My goodness, I'm getting brave! I've chosen to make a CAS card when it isn't for a CAS type challenge!

I love the combination of silver and purple at Christmas, so I dug out some purple Core-dinations cardstock out of a long-forgotten stack and embossed it in the Grand Calibur with a Die-sire folder that came free with some magazine or other, then sanded it and matted it with silver. Then I added a sentiment which was the very last one on a sheet I've had for several years, a snowflake made with a die that came free with Docrafts magazine some months ago and Candi from my stash. It's worked pretty well for a card made out of next to nothing! I think it would make a good masculine card - I'd use a rather lighter, lilacy purple for a woman.


I'm sharing this with

Completely Christmas Challenge - Let's see some embossing
Clear it out challenge- Winter Wishes/Snowflake
Cuttlebug Challenge (my first visit) - a Snowflake and a sentiment
Crafty Creations Challenges - Embossing

7 comments:

Jannie said...

What a gorgeous card you have made, love the color, Purple is very effective!

Thank you so much in joining us at Cuttlebug Mania!

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie

Lynn's Place said...

What a great card thanks for joining us @ CIO challenge blog hope you stop by again <((><

Sandy said...

Yeah! Purple my favourite colour. The embossed panel looks great with the silver matte and that wonderful silver snowflake embellishment. Great card!
Thanks for sharing with us at Completely Christmas Challenges this week.
Hugs,
Sandy

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Jane, love the contrast of a velvety purple cardstock and silver snowflake, that's really is a good masculine card!

Samantha A. said...

Love the purple contrast!Thanks for playing along at Clear It Out!

Samantha
-Clear it Out DT
Designs by Sammy

Kimbo said...

I love this Jane - beautiful colour to use and how did you get the mirror card to photograph so perfectly?

Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

Jane Willis said...

Mirror card is really hard to photograph isn't it? Especially if you need to use flash, because it reflects so much. I'm not always successful, but I try to put my cards in front of a white screen, close to and at right angles to, a sunny window. The trouble is we don't get much sunshine at this time of year!