I've seen lots of card recently that have looked like a sort of vertical easel card, I don't know the proper name of them but the front panel stands up and tucks under an embellishment on the back one, like this:
The panel untucks, of course, and folds flat for posting. I thought one like this would look good with a circular front panel, so I mounted a rose topper from an old Hunkydory kit onto a lace doyley - then realised, that even when backed with a circle of card, the doyley wouldn't have enough strength to hold the card up, so I mounted the whole thing onto a scalloped square from the same kit - but then it was so big that it obscured the rest of the card, so that was no use either!
I had prepared the base card by cutting a 6" x 12" strip of fawn card, scoring at 3" and 6" and folding. I cut cream card to fir the back panel, embossed it with a script embossing folder then lightly inked with Walnut Stain distress ink, wrapped it with ribbon and stuck it to the back panel of the card. I decorated the front panel with ribbon, lace and pearls.
So I had to rethink the topper. There were some pretty vintage childhood designed papers with a copy of Making Cards earlier this year, so I die-cut one of them and die cut a piece of the fawn card to mount it on. Then I stuck that onto a lace-printed vellum panel and mounted the whole thing onto tan card, which had the strength to hold the card when standing up. The rose and butterflies are from the Hunkydory kit I had started out intending to use.
But them I had my rose-and-doyley topper left. It is so big it filled the whole of the front of a 6" square card, so with a bit of inking, a few flowers and some pearls, I ended up with a second card made from the bits I'd planned to use on just one card.
I'm joining in with Make my Monday, where the theme is Vintage.