Tuesday 15 December 2020

Floral Urn

 A dew days ago I was super excited to win the complete new Heartfelt Creations "Floral Shoppe" collection of stamps, dies and papers, thanks to Hochanda on Facebook. Such beautiful stamps, and working with them reminds me of the time when I used to do a lot of flower arranging. There is a large urn stamp and a whole plethora of flowers, foliage and berries to work with. Here is my first make using the prize. 




I made an easel card and covered the outside and insides with patterned papers from the pack. Then I stamped the urn onto another of the papers, embossed it with gold powder,  and die cut it. I also cut an urn from white card to help to give it strength and stuck the two together.  I used foam pads to attach it to the card front, leaving  the top edge free. 

I used a die, which I think was intended for hot foiling, to cut and emboss a border to use as a stay on the inside and decorated it with pearls. 

Now for the fun part - I stamped lots of flowers and leaves onto vellum with clear embossing ink and embossed them with white powder. I coloured them from the back of the vellum, using watercolour brush markers. This was very quick to do as the images were to be die cut, so I could just scribble the markers roughly over the areas to be coloured. Then I die cut everything and used Pinflair glue gel to tuck everything into place in the urn. 

I am sharing this with 

Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - Anything Goes  

We Love Chocolate Baroque - Anything Goes  

NBUS - NBUS  




11 comments:

brenda said...

Lucky you Jane, it's nice to actually have a winner you 'know' as one is never sure with these draws (yep, I'm a synic).

I caught a glimpse of these last week and thought how pretty they were and you certainly have showcased them beautifully. So pleased you shared with us as We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge, thank you.

B x

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card and congratulations on your win.

Kathleen said...

A really super creation with lots of great flowers and lovlely papers, the urn look really great with the gold embossing. Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge at 'We love Chocolate Baroque.

Kath x

Darnell said...

I mean, Jean, words aren't sufficient. I wish you could see my face! This is a stunning 3D work of art! Until I scrolled down to see the easel, I thought you had made wall art. This prize certainly went to the right card artist!! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!! Just gorgeous!! You made an amazing job with your Heartfelt prize, such stunning easel card! The dimensions are awesome and you shown so well the stamps and the papers! Congrats for your winning and thanks so much to enter your card at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge!!

Mrs A. said...

Wow, what a smashing card and I am so in love with those papers.. Super as an easel card. Hugs Mrs A.

Sarn said...

Many congrats on your win. You've made such a beautiful easel card with your goodies.
Hugs, Sarn x

Christi Conley said...

Jane, this is amazing! I can't wait to see what else you make with this! I have been resisting getting into Heartfelt Creations, but I think you've convinced me to give them a go ~ hugs, Christi

Mrs A. said...

Finding that last elusive one is always the hardest and quite hard for me to come up with. Hope you are managing to stay sane both with my games and the new drastic measures now being put in place for Christmas. Hugs Mrs A.

Tracy said...

Fabulous creation, thanks for joining We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Truly jaw-dropping, and stunning. Had to look a few times at that gorgeous urn and the flowers you added! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!