Wednesday 2 December 2020

Guest Designer at The Male Room

 I'm delighted to have been invited to be the current Guest Designer at The Male Room, where the theme is Tartan and Plaid. 



The challenge runs until January 5th, which means that  it includes Hogmanay. Hogmanay celebrations won't be quite the same this year, but I still decided to give my card a Scottish theme. 


  I had a piece of paper - an old magazine freebie - in the classic Royal Stewart Dress Tartan and found the perfect image and corners to go with it on the CD "The Best of La Pashe 2014". The corners are HUGE, though - this is a large 20cm square card and even so I couldn't fit all four of them on it, so I had to come up with a layout that allowed me  to omit one. That left me room to add the sentiment  and some candi to balance the weight of the other corners. 



7 comments:

Christine said...

Super card! Lovely layout and those pipers....
Thanks for sharing.

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your GDT spot and WOW what a stunning card love everything about it
Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is amazing Jane, what a find for this incredible and beautiful card, so many wonderful details. I'm so glad you are our GDT this month.
Faith DT TMR

Jane said...

The most amazing and awesome use of tartan. So very festive! Thanks for being such a wonderful guest designer at The Male Room.

Carol L said...

congrats on your GD spot, and what a fabulous way to use the plaid! Great card with all those wonderful details!

Aimeslee Winans said...

hI Jane, this card is beyond amazing! Seriously, I think I can hear Sean Connery roaring his approval from the grave. Just wonderful! XOX

Helen said...

Fabulous design, Jane - so much great detail!

Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at The Male Room.

Helen x