Sunday 17 October 2021

Further Festive Fungi

 A few days ago, I shared some Christmas cards that Mark had asked me to make for his foraging friends. Today I have another for you - actually it is one of a pair of identical ones. I was printing a background big enough for two cards and it's as easy to print two copies of a digi as one, so it made sense to make two. 


I wanted a digi of morel mushrooms, and found this lovely one at Power Poppy. The only snag is, they are sprouting from a bed of very un-Christmassy violets. However by colouring the violets red to blend into the background and covering them with die cut poinsettias, I think I managed to conceal them! 

The background is from Joanna Sheen's "Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady" CD and for a bit of variety I printed it onto thin printable acetate (I got mine from Create and Craft about 750 years ago - to ease its journey through the printer, the printing side is matte and there is a narrow paper strip along the leading edge for the printer to grab hold of). 

Finally the sentiment, which makes me giggle every time I see it and is the reason the mushrooms had to be morels. I generated this with my Dymo electronic label maker, my new favourite toy. 

I am sharing this with 

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - anything goes  

CD Sunday Plus - anything goes





6 comments:

Pamela said...

A quirky Christmas card Jane but perfect for Mark's foraging friends.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Carol said...

Great and unusual card Jane. Well done on the disguise.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Liz said...

Lovely card Jane and a clever cover-up with the poinsettia. Sounds like it will be a perfect card for one of Mark's friends. xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Bravo for thinking up that sentiment, of course you needed to make a few more! Have fun with your new toy, xoxo

Seafield Jo said...

Such an unusual card. I love the poinsettia you've added.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Suze said...

Lovely card Jane. Great way to disguise the flowers that you didn't want on the card. I also learnt something from your card as I had never heard of Morel Mushrooms before. Thank you for entering the Use A Stocking Challenge at CHNC.